Saturday, February 16, 2019

Teacher Appreciation Gifts - Never a Bad Time

When I was growing up I wanted to be a teacher. I used to sit my dolls at their little desks and I teach them a lesson on my easel chalkboard and everyone always had homework. I loved grading the papers! I had no idea what a hard job teaching really was until I had kids. Mixing all those personalities, dealing with temper tantrums and the EXCUSES ... and that's just from the parents!

Every year when my kids started the new school year, I said my prayers and hoped beyond hope that they would like their new teacher ... and just as importantly that the new teacher would like my kids. Some years were not so great and personalities clashed, but when we had the perfect mix I wanted that teacher to know how much I appreciated them and I wanted to think of some teacher gift ideas that showed how I felt.

When you think about it there is no one other than you who is spending more time with your child than their teacher. You want that teacher to know that their efforts are appreciated and when your child is praised and inspired by their teacher you want them to know how good it feels to be acknowledged and loved. Teacher Gifts do not have to be big and expensive but they should be thought and caring.

Let your child's classroom teacher feel the love and your appreciation by sending a note once and awhile and maybe a small teacher gift such as a lunch tote, some banking or a teacher's mug. There is no need to wait for Teacher Appreciation Week to be thoughtful ... stand out from the crowd and send something the first month of school to wish them luck on a GREAT year. Donate some school supplies or age appropriate books to the classroom or send a birthday sash that every child will get to wear on their special day. Be creative and find little ways all year to say thank you and show your appreciation. On Halloween you can send your child to school with some gourmet chocolate or homemade sugar cookies and in the Spring maybe a plant or a gardening tote. Teachers are always celebrating the kids birthdays but how about a birthday gift for the teacher such as a desk set, a hand painted wine glass or some delicious chocolate covered pretzels? End the year with a picture of the class in a personalized picture frame to commemorate the school year.

You may think that I am just talking about grade school teachers but if you think it is hard to make a five year old happy you probably have no idea how difficult it is to motivate a teenager. One year I sent a thank you note and a small teacher appreciation gift in the middle of the year to my son's high school english teacher just to thank her for taking the time with my son to encourage and inspire him to do his best work. She wrote back thanking me and telling me how much my actions had meant to her and I think we both felt really good.

I am in no way saying that we as parents should be sending expensive gifts to teachers all year long. I am just saying that today, as a society, we often take the time to complain when something is wrong BUT how often do we stop and say thank you when something is going right? If someone takes the time to do something nice then maybe we should return the favor ... what a wonderful world that would be?













Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Tags :

Related : Teacher Appreciation Gifts - Never a Bad Time

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Teacher Appreciation Gifts - Never a Bad Time
Important: This article is about the Teacher Appreciation Gifts - Never a Bad Time, The best of Teacher Appreciation Gifts - Never a Bad Time inspiration updated regularly with new designs and info, and featuring the best Teacher Appreciation Gifts - Never a Bad Time
Originally Answered: What are the best sites?
Teacher Appreciation Gifts - Never a Bad Time , We Always give correct and complete information about Teacher Appreciation Gifts - Never a Bad Time, This document provides Teacher Appreciation Gifts - Never a Bad Time We want to improve the quality of content for all. By using information about the content you have received, those involved in providing info in .

Advertisement